If you have any questions regarding the surgery that you’re going to have done sure that before the Anesthesiologist put you to sleep I will come and talk to. Every time before my patients have surgery I come to preoperative holding and we review what our surgical plan is. I will talk you about the procedure, and technical terms in layman’s terms. We will also talk about your updated medical history and anything that has changed. And we will talk about any issues from your prior surgeries that you want to have changed.
In general for most patients who are having surgery our offices will contact you closer to the time of the appointed surgical date. We will handle getting authorization and clearances from your insurance company and scheduling you in the operating room. In addition, we will also contact to the anesthesia services and make sure that they are contracted with your insurance as well.
- If you’re going to be having ENT surgery I generally will advise my patients to stop any aspirin, Advil, Aleve, ibuprofen approximately 10 days before surgery.
- Please remember that many medications which you take that are over-the-counter do have blood thinning components, we want you to stop them 10 days before surgery as well.
- If you have any questions about the medications that you are taking, whether they are prescription or supplements, please call my office or send us an email.
- The day before your surgery my office will contact you and tell you what time to be at the hospital and in general what time you should stop eating and drinking.
- At the time of your surgery, you will be given information regarding the routine care of your body after the procedure.
- Because we do so many varied kinds of surgeries it is very difficult for me to broadly explain all of the postoperative care in one webpage. If the information you have received from the hospital is not clear, or the information that I have given you is not clear then, by all means, contact us. On our website, you can go to the ‘contact us’ section and type in your question, or you can contact us directly at 775-852-3624.